[OS X TeX] hyperref, doublespace and figure

Serge Cohen cohen at embl-grenoble.fr
Thu May 23 15:32:50 CEST 2002

Hi;

I'm writing a book, using the hyperref and doublespace packages, I just
started to include figures, but I  have incompatibilties betwen the
hyperref and doublespace packages and the fiure environment:

Here is a source snippet:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{book}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
\usepackage{doublespace}
\usepackage{harvard}
\usepackage{varioref}
\usepackage{makeidx}

%settings for hyperref
\usepackage[pdftitle={Test book}, pdfauthor={Serge Cohen},
colorlinks=true, backref={page}, hyperindex=true, linkcolor=blue,
pdfpagemode=UseOutlines, bookmarksopen=true, bookmarksnumbered=true,
pdfstartview={FitH}]{hyperref}

\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

\parskip = 0.05in

\makeindex

\title{Test book}
\author{Serge COHEN}
\begin{document}

\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf, .jpg, .tif}

\maketitle

\tableofcontents

\part{part1}
\chapter{titi}
\section{albert}
here comes some text about nothing special... bla..., a figure comes
then : \vref{alb.toto}

\begin{figure}[h]
\includegraphics*[scale=0.2]{figure1}
\caption{\label{alb.toto} Test figure ... to test or not to test, this
is the question?}
\end{figure}
\chapter{next chapter}
\section{albert again}

\end{document}
\end

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If I pdflatex it like that I get the following error message:
<figure1.jpg, id=76, 1284.8pt x 1027.84pt>
File: figure1.jpg Graphic file (type jpg)
  <use figure1.jpg>
! Too many }'s.
\color at endbox ->\color at endgroup \egroup

l.35 \end{figure}

?

but if I comment out one of the lines :
\usepackage{doublespace}

or

\usepackage[pdftitle={Test book}, pdfauthor={Serge Cohen},
colorlinks=true, backref={page}, hyperindex=true, linkcolor=blue,
pdfpagemode=UseOutlines, bookmarksopen=true, bookmarksnumbered=true,
pdfstartview={FitH}]{hyperref}

then typesetting is ok, no errors and the figure appear.

If I keep both line uncommented, but I put the image not in the figure
environment, then it typesets as well.

Unfortunately, I really need double line spacing, hyperreferences and
the figure environment...
Does any one as a work around this?

Thanks in advance.

Serge.

PS: I'm using Gerben binaries and tree:
 >pdflatex --version
pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.3.1) 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20010806
kpathsea version 3.3.3.1

It might be a bit old (few months).
Serge Cohen

GPG Key ID: 1024D/69B1D346