[OS X TeX] OT: Illustrator 10

Warren Nagourney warren at dirac.phys.washington.edu
Wed May 22 02:02:31 CEST 2002

Is he using an HP1200(N) laser printer? If so, it is probably the fault of
the printer: I have one with the network option ( the "N" suffix) and it
corrupts eps files which are printed fine on my other laser printer (a NeXT
printer connected to a NeXTstation).

Because of this, I threw away the network "server" and use the HP1200
connected via the USB port - it works better, but the HP OSX drivers are
still pretty horrible (at least it prints eps files).

cheers,

Warren Nagourney

--On Tuesday, May 21, 2002 7:51 PM -0400 get86 at mac.com wrote:

> Mac OS X.
>
> I thought someone here may have some similar experience:
> I have a user using Mac OS X 10.1 on a G4 laptop and Illustrator 10 + its
> upgrade.
>
> If he prints an .eps file from Illustrator to our laser printer it prints
> garbage.
>
> I can open the same .eps file in TeXShop and print it fine; I think I
> understand that TeXShop is making it a .pdf and then sending to the
> printer.
>
> In Illustrator we can view the file fine, but not print it satisfactorily.
>
> We have pretty much determined that Illustrator is producing bad .eps
> because out Sun machines won't print it either, by a variety of means, and
> then it leaves the que.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> -Ted Rogers