[OS X TeX] teTeX/TeXShop Problems

Zachary S. Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Thu May 23 00:23:05 CEST 2002

Wednesday, 22 May 2002

Hello,

I was attempting to use teTeX (pdfTeX, Version
3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2C 7.3.7) ) with the latest version
of TeXShop this afternoon to typeset what I had thus far written of my
thesis.  From the last time I ran pdfTeX on this particular document, I
only had added three equations, 2 figures, and some text.  The figures
were .pdf files that I had inserted using the following (replacing the
file names as appropriate):

\begin{figure}[ht]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=4in]{P-V_Diagram.pdf}
\caption{Pressure-Volume Cycle Diagram}\label{fig:pvdiag}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

The equations were nothing extraordinary.  There are a few references
that I have cited, but haven't made entries for in a bibliography
section.  However, when I typeset before the citation would just leave
a '?' in the space where one would normally see a number in the final
typeset document.  Anyway my .pdf output in TeXShop now shows 20 blank
pages.  When I remove the figures, the number of blank pages reduces to
19; however, they are still blank.  Has anyone any suggestion as to what
my problem may be?  Any help with this matter would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:    (817) 272-6418            zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:     (817) 272-5269

          “Genius, that power that dazzles mortal eyes,
	  is oft but perseverance in disguise."

			--Henry Willard Austin
"help" (no quotes) in the body.