[OS X TeX] Equation Services-Illustrator

Ullrich Steiner u.steiner at chem.rug.nl
Wed May 22 16:36:03 CEST 2002

This is the Illustrator font problem that has been discussed before on
this list.  To my knowledge there is no direct solution.  I recommend to
use the WARMreader package, together with the corresponding Illustrator
plug-in.  This works very well for me.

Have a look at:  http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/tools.html.  Or have a
look at the warmreader discussion in the forum around April 25.

If you ask Gary Gray nicely, he may send you a tutorial and a small
helper application (WARMFigToPDF) that make labeling Illustrator figure
easy.

On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 04:21 PM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

> I've been trying to use equation services to put equations in
> Illustrator graphics, but greek characters don't show up. I have
> installed the computer modern fonts (Alberto Arabia's) in
> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts, as well in the Library/Fonts
> directories. Has anyone else had success with this? Acrobat Reader has
> no problem seeing those characters in a PDF that I created with
> metapost, but Illustrator can't see them there either. If I save the
> file after Illustrator deals with it, the fonts are gone.
> Thanks,
> Joe

"help" (no quotes) in the body.