[OS X TeX] OT: Illustrator 10

get86 at mac.com get86 at mac.com
Wed May 22 02:47:05 CEST 2002

I don't believe this is the case, while is an HP it is a 4050... or
something like that.
And it is a Univ. networked printer -we tried other HPs and got the same
thing... that is, we tried some of the Illustrator 10 created .eps files
>from his Home dir on a Sun to another HP and it wouldn't print it at all,
despite various displays from various programs.

-Ted

on 5/21/02 8:02 PM, Warren Nagourney, typed:

> Is he using an HP1200(N) laser printer? If so, it is probably the fault of
> the printer: I have one with the network option ( the "N" suffix) and it
> corrupts eps files which are printed fine on my other laser printer (a NeXT
> printer connected to a NeXTstation).
>
> Because of this, I threw away the network "server" and use the HP1200
> connected via the USB port - it works better, but the HP OSX drivers are
> still pretty horrible (at least it prints eps files).
>
> cheers,
>
> Warren Nagourney
>
> --On Tuesday, May 21, 2002 7:51 PM -0400 get86 at mac.com wrote:
>
>> Mac OS X.
>>
>> I thought someone here may have some similar experience:
>> I have a user using Mac OS X 10.1 on a G4 laptop and Illustrator 10 + its
>> upgrade.
>>
>> If he prints an .eps file from Illustrator to our laser printer it prints
>> garbage.
>>
>> I can open the same .eps file in TeXShop and print it fine; I think I
>> understand that TeXShop is making it a .pdf and then sending to the
>> printer.
>>
>> In Illustrator we can view the file fine, but not print it satisfactorily.
>>
>> We have pretty much determined that Illustrator is producing bad .eps
>> because out Sun machines won't print it either, by a variety of means, and
>> then it leaves the que.
>>
>> Does anyone know anything about this?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> -Ted Rogers

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

> Warren Nagourney   <warren at dirac.phys.washington.edu>  Voice: 206-543-9585
> University of Washington                                      206-543-0143
> Physics Dept., Box 351560, Seattle, WA 98195             Fax: 206-685-0635

"Know thyself? Absurd direction!
           Bubbles bear no introspection."
--Khushhal Khan Khatak

"help" (no quotes) in the body.