[OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex

Arun Mangalam arun_mangalam at mac.com
Sat Mar 23 18:46:44 CET 2002

Hello,

Just as Radhakrishnan suggested, ConTeXt has internal support for
MetaPost. You can easily create STANDALONE MetaPost pdf's [or any
picture/movies for that matter]. In fact, I asked about that in the
ConTeXt mailing list. :)

- Arun

P.S. Here's an interesting stand-alone example embedding a jpeg with
MetaPost:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startMPclip{text clip}
	clip currentpicture to fullcircle shifted (.5,.5)
		xscaled \width yscaled \height ;
\stopMPclip

\startuseMPgraphic{clip outline}
	draw fullcircle
		xscaled \overlaywidth yscaled \overlayheight
		withpen pencircle scaled 3mm
		withcolor .625red ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay
	[clip outline]
	[\useMPgraphic{clip outline}]

\starttext
	\startTEXpage[scale=3000,offset=5pt]
		{\framed
			[background=clip outline,offset=overlay,frame=off]
			{\clip
				[nx=1,ny=1,mp=text clip]
				{\externalfigure[escher_ascending][type=jpg,width=3cm,height=3cm]}}}
	\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

On Friday, March 22, 2002, at 05:03 PM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:

> I've tried using metapost to generate eps files, convert them to pdf,
> and embed them into pdflatex, but the text doesn't show up in the eps
> or the pdf file. Going the old latex->dvi->ps->pdf works fine, but I'd
> like to stick to pdflatex if possible (I'm getting comfortable with
> it). Is there another way at it using metapost (like metapdf?).
> thanks,
> Joe

"help" (no quotes) in the body.