[OS X TeX] illustrator and LaTeX?

Oliver Hardt hardt at u.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 27 16:41:49 CET 2002

i am working on a poster for a psychological conference.  the whole
layout is done with illustrator, but i thought that it might be nice
to do the narratives, formulas, tables with LaTeX.  i would like to
use the computer modern fonts for that.
	the poster will be 72 inches wide and 48 inches high (around
180cm wide and 120cm high).  the headlines are 90pt helvetica.  my
plan is to pdflatex my stuff and then import the pdf into illustrator
and put it where i want it.  however, i have the impression that
those pdfs don't contain 'text' they rather contain an image of the
text (since i cannot edit the text in acrobat reader).
	can i just scale the pdf or latex output to the desirable
size without any quality loss?  what do i need to do in order to
accomplish that?  btw: if i would use a font in illustrator, the
narrative would be around 40 points.  thanks for your help!
	olli.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.