[OS X TeX] teTeX does not run on OS X

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Mar 12 09:32:46 CET 2002

The first thing you can do is not complain to the llist while I am still
trying to help you off line and spend time trying to remotely find out
how your system got screwed up (I get roughly one such a problem each
month, so far it has always been something that has nothing to do with
the TeX installer, like people editing stuff in Netinfo or installing
other software or the like. I go to some lengths helping these people,
mainly to be sure that it is not the installer that is at fault. If the
installer is at fault, I immediately release a fix).

Having said that, I am beginning to supsect that your .fmt and .efmt
files have ended up elsewhere for some reason or there is a combvination
of that with permissions. If you want further help from me, contact me
off list.

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 08:51 , C. Dube wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed the latest teTeX-Version on OS 10.1.3 but it does not
> run. If I press the
> Latex-Button in TeXShop, I get the following message:
>
> "This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2c 7.3.7)
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)"
>
> Gerben told me to uninstall my teTeX and than reinstall it. I did so,
> but it did not help anyway. After the installation I always get the
> message that the installer was unable to create all *.ini-files like
> pdftex.ini etc.
>
> Because I am not used to unix I do not know what to do.
>
> Maybe there is someone who can?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Christian

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.