[OS X TeX] Re: praise --- and three humble fine-tuning suggestions

jerome LAURENS jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Mar 15 11:02:38 CET 2002

Le vendredi 15 mars 2002, à 09:07 AM, Joachim Kock a écrit :

> This last thing is what I suggest is changed.  It is not logical that an
> old file is opened --- if you really wanted to see the old version, why
> not
> open that pdf file directly?  It would also not be logical to have the
> tex
> file opened in the built-in editor --- then there would be no point at
> all
> in having the "Configure for external editor".
>
> The ony logical thing to do for a programme which is a
> typesetter/previewer
> is to typeset and preview the file, in accordance also with the
> philosophy
> for the other formats:

please do consider that things have their own logic:

- what should happen if I want to open my old pdf but i made a mistake
and opened the tex file next to it.
- why not open the tex file in TeXShop, if you just have to make a minor
spell correction

What TeXShop should do is implement both things and let the user make
its own choice, but your suggestion is not just fine tuning.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.