[OS X TeX] Re: could use some info

William Duckworth wmd at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 8 04:07:18 CET 2002

I agree. I see nothing that holds a candle to Alpha (and believe me I
tried for several months after OSX became stable!). I'll happily keep
booting Classic until AlphaX is ready. Emacs has a steep learning
curve and despite what some have said, I thought Alpha was (nearly)
trivial to learn to use (I largely ignored all its many features when
I first used it for TeXing).

AlphaTk would be great if the Aqua implementation of Tk/Tcl was more
polished. I imagine AlphaX and a polished Mac OS X Tk will probably
hit the web about the same time!

Dr. William Duckworth II       email: wmd at iastate.edu
326 Snedecor Hall              phone: 515-294-7766
Iowa State University          fax:   515-294-4040
Statistical Laboratory and     Spring 2002 office hours:
Department of Statistics         M 9a, W 3p, R 8:30a, F 1p
Ames, IA  50011-1210           http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wmd/
"help" (no quotes) in the body.