[OS X TeX] teTeX download problems

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sat Mar 30 08:04:37 CET 2002

>I've just made my 5th unsuccessful attempt to download teTeX. The
>first 4 attempts were downloading the old disk image and the last
>attempt was with the new i-installer. So far I have downloaded 25MB,
>51MB, 48MB, 17MB & 12MB. Every time I have lost the connection and
>have to start all over again. This is driving me crazy.
>
>1. Could you chop the download into smaller portions? No larger than 10 MBs.
>
>or, if that's not possible
>
>2. Can I just buy a CD of this software.
>
>all the best,
>Jo.
>
>(Am I the only one having this problem? - my telephone bill can't
>take much more of this).

Have you tried an application like Fetch or Interarchy which
can generally restart an interrupted download where the
interruption occured instead of going back to the beginning
again.

Its possible the built in curl that comes with OS X can resume
downloads as well - I am not sure.  Do `man curl' on the
terminal.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt