[OS X TeX] printing postscript

Jerry Wilcox Jerry.Wilcox at ucop.edu
Fri Mar 15 19:39:28 CET 2002

>Hi all,
>
>Is there any quick way to print postscript files in OS X without
>converting to PDF first? This method is painfully slow with a large
>papers using PK fonts. Eg, I have a 110 page paper which has been at
>the "processing job" stage for about 10 mins, and it's still not
>done.

Well, if you have OzTeX installed, you should just be able to
double-click on the postscript document and OzTeX will launch and
send the document to the printer you have OzTeX configured for. Very
quick and easy, I find (although not quite as easy as just dropping
the postscript document on the desktop printer as we could do in
earlier Mac OS versions.

Jerry
--
Jerry Wilcox - University of California, Office of the President
Information Systems & Computing -- 510-987-0516 -- FAX 510-763-5597
mailto:Jerry.Wilcox at ucop.edu

"Within the computer industry, the description, 'more like a Macintosh'
is always a high praise. The description 'more like Windows' is rarely
used as praise."  -The Seattle Times

"help" (no quotes) in the body.