[OS X TeX] How to Insert Graphics Using TeXShop?

Zachary Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Mon Mar 11 03:11:46 CET 2002

Okay, I think I figured everything out, but now I have a .dvi file I
need to be able to view.  How does one go about viewing the .dvi file
created when using Tex + Ghostscript.  Alternatively, is there a way in
which one can inlcude graphics using just pdftex?

Sorry, for all the posts, but I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 08:07 PM, Zachary Davis wrote:

> where do you type \usepackage{graphicx} within the sourcefile?  Can it
> go anywhere, so long as it's placed before you need issue the
> \includegraphics statement?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 07:53 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> On 3/10/02 8:48 PM, "Zachary Davis" <zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I've never tried including a graph in one of my documents, and I'm
>>> running into some trouble doing so using TeXShop.  I have created a
>>> plot
>>> using gnuplot, and have converted the image to an .eps file using
>>> GraphicConverter.  Then, I placed this .eps file in the same directory
>>> as my LaTeX source file--the one which I want to include this
>>> graph.  I
>>> have issued the command \includegraphics{filename.eps} in this source
>>> file; however, I get an error in the console which says this control
>>> sequence is undefined.  Is there something else I need to include in
>>> my
>>> source file, or is the .eps file in the wrong directory?  Any help
>>> would
>>> be appreciated.
>>
>> Have you loaded the graphicx package using \usepackage{graphicx} ???
>>
>> In addition, since you are using .eps files, be sure to typeset using
>> TeX +
>> Ghostscript instead of pdftex.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> -- Gary L. Gray

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:    (817) 272-6418            zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:    (817) 272-5269

          “Genius, that power that dazzles mortal eyes,
	  is oft but perseverance in disguise."

			--Henry Willard Austin
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.