[OS X TeX] Slowdown in mac-emacs and PATH variable

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 17 12:28:41 CET 2002

Le 4/03/02 23:09, « Enrico Franconi » <franconi at cs.man.ac.uk> a écrit :

> On the other topic of the PATH not being correctly visible from within
> emacs, we are investigating the fact. I call emacs with a "do shell
> script 'tcsh -c'" so in principle all the tcsh environment should be
> visible. For some strange reason, in this case the shell does not
> source the init files as it should do. We are trying to understand
> why. By now, the patch is to set the paths directly in
> /usr/share/init/tcsh/rc. This is an horrible solution and we prefer
> that nobody actually does it! Stay tuned.

I try to create a ~/Library/init/tcsh/ directory and tu put in it a file
named rc.mine and containing

setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current"

It seems to work.

On the other hand, typing <meta>! and pdflatex in the mini-buffer does not
work (zsh is called not tcsh). Have anybody a hint for this ?

--
Michel Bovani

"help" (no quotes) in the body.