[OS X TeX] Request for front end suppliers who rely on my TeX distribution (or not)

Arun Mangalam arun_mangalam at mac.com
Tue Mar 26 15:44:06 CET 2002

Most of the links below have already been compiled and extensively
documented by our list host, Gary Gray,  at:

	http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Maybe, we could coordinate, or restrict the front-end information to
just "front-ends" such as TeXShop, iTeXMac, OzTeX, and CMacTeX.

We don't really have a informational website on specifically teTeX
unix-based tools for OSX. Useful utilities like a bibtool FAQ,
ImageMagick [for image conversions], font utilities, and a host of other
extremely useful tools that we may not be aware that easily compile and
work out-of-the-box. These utilities pertain to the teTeX side of
things, and not really to the above front-ends. Would be nice .... :-)
[But I understand how Gerben feels too]

What would be really nice, if we could start a MacOSX-specific FAQ that
we could just keep adding to in this mailing-list...

- Arun

On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 09:15 AM, Ullrich Steiner wrote:

> and don't forget:
>
> coco Aspell:  http://homepage.mac.com/leuski/cocoaspell/
> BibDesk: http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~mmccrack/bibdesk.html
>

> On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 03:07 PM, Joseph C. Slater wrote:
>
>> Obviously
>> TeXShop(http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html),
>> iTeXMac(http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/monge/j.laurens/iTeXMac).
>>
>> Others:
>> Tom Kiffe's TeX Tools for Mac OS X
>> http://www.kiffe.com/textools.html
>>
>> Andrew Trevorrow's OzTeX  (Which is adding tetex calls)
>> http://www.trevorrow.com/oztex/ozosx.html
>>
>> EquationService: http://homepage.mac.com/dougrowland/EquationServicev
>>
>> For editors:
>> Mac-Emacs: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/mac-emacs/
>> Pepper: http://www.hekkelman.com/pepper.html
>> Alpha: http://alphatcl.sourceforge.net/wikit/
>> Vim: http://www.imdat.de/vim/
>>
>> I'm sure I'm missing something, but this is a good start.
>> Joe
>>

>> On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 08:44  AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>
>>> My TeX distributions (and generic installer program) will ship within
>>> the next 48 hours or so. There will also be an informational website.
>>> As I tell people on my web site that one can use a front end to make
>>> life easier and that that front end may or may not use my
>>> distribution, I can point people to your front end home page and I
>>> will add any front end for Mac OS X that is out there if the supplier
>>> wants to be added ('competition' included) and it is being
>>> maintained. I will not link to unix-level stuff like fink, just
>>> because my target is the non-unix people.
>>>
>>> If you want me to do that, please let me know what link I should add.

>>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

>> Joseph C. Slater, PhD
>> Associate Professor
>> Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engg, Wright State University,
>> 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
>> Phone: (+1) 937-775-5040, Fax: (+1) 937-775-5009,
>> http://www.engineering.wright.edu/~jslater

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.