[OS X TeX] Off-topic PS and Terminal questions

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Mar 11 19:36:00 CET 2002

That's two off-topic questions, so if there are no short and easy
answers just ignore them please. I must say I'm a bit at a loss here.

1) Does anybody know how to enter accented characters in Terminal.app? I
would like to operate /Developer/Tools/SetFile and
/Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo on files belonging to directories with
accents in their names, like ~/Documents/Friends/Géraldine/blahblah.tex.

2) Are there utilities or shell scripts for concatenating PostScript
files? I would like to produce single PDF files from papers originally
written in MacWrite II (with Expressionist) or plain TeX, at a time I
was writing separate files for every chapter or section. I can for
example do MacWrite II -> MacWrite Pro -> PS -> PDF, but that would be
great if I could concatenate the sections together at the PS stage.

I couldn't find such utility in PSUtils. The URL
http://www.kfki.hu/~cspeter/util/ contains a perl script "pscat" doing
this, but I just don't know how to operate perl on Mac OS X (or on any
computer, I must say). The same URL mentions another route using
GhostScript, but this route seems to imply converting the PS to bitmap,
which I wouldn't like to do.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.