[OS X TeX] Newbie install and font question

Peter Erwin erwin at ll.iac.es
Tue Mar 19 13:01:25 CET 2002

William Adams said:

>>Also available are Times, Palatino, Courier,
>>Helvetica, New Century Schoolbook, Avant Garde, Bookman, Zapf Chancery,
>>Symbol, Zapf Dingbats,
>
>The core ``LaserWriter Gang of 35'' are only available by inference
>(.tfm and .map references to them) and impostering ('s that a word?
>oh well, you know what I mean) (URW provided clones of most of them).

Yes, that's correct.  I was referring to the URW clones, for which
the .pfb files are in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/type1/urw/

(Of course, since there are n different PostScript versions of Times
floating around
out there, I'm not sure whose versions should really be considered "clones"...)

"help" (no quotes) in the body.