Feature suggestion, bug report -Re: [OS X TeX] Equation Service

Hanspeter Schaub HanspeterSchaub at mac.com
Fri Mar 22 15:07:37 CET 2002

I really like Equation Service.  It could become the Equation Editor of
choice for LaTeX users.  In particular, I just tried importing equation pdf
files that Equation Service generates into Freehand 9 (classic version, don'
t have the carbon version 10 yet).   During the import, it complains that
it find the various CMMxx fonts.  I then replace them with Times
equivalents (plain, italic, bold-italic) and the output looks ok.  What
would be great though is if Equation Service could supply the required font
information in the pdf file itself?  Is this possible?  I thought that
ghostscript can now include the required fonts when converting from ps to
pdf?  Anyway, it this were possible, then I could use Equation Service to
include equation labels that match my typeset equations precisely.  Using
the MS Mathtype right now, the equations in my figures never look as good
as the ones in the text.

thanks,

Hanspeter Schaub

"help" (no quotes) in the body.