[OS X TeX] New TeX release (old style release)

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Mar 15 10:45:35 CET 2002

There is a new TeX release at ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx

Changes:
	TeX Live from March 12, 2002
	Added symbolic link for nehyph2.tex
Warning:
	Installer will remove language.dat and fmtutilcnf from texmf.local.
This is necessary because the new language.dat and fmtutil.cnf formats
enable automatic processing better and open the way for a TeX
Configuration GUI. After installing this version, you'll need to reset
any hyphenation pattern or format changes you have set.
Warning:
	Do *not* keep copies of fmtutil.cnf and language.dat in your
personal ~/Library/texmf tree! This defeats my possibilities of changes
on your locla system if they are really needed (as they are now).

TeX can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/TeX.dmg
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/TeXLive-teTeX.dmg
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/TL-020312-tT-b020129.dmg

If you do not use a filename length limited file system to download to,
the official release name is

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/TL-020312-tT-b020129-200203142124.dmg

(still longer that 32 characters but even by removing the dashes and the
b for beta it will still be too long)

PS. The new style release is coming up.

PPS. nehyph2.tex does not exist anymore, there is now only one good
Dutch hyphenation file available and it is called nehyph.tex and is part
of the teTeX texmf release. To support older language.dat files (which I
really should not do, but that aside) I have created a symbolic link for
nehyph2.tex in texmf.macosx. This will make installations using
language.dat copies in ~/Library/texmf work. However, in the future, I
will remove this link again, it is only there to enable you to move your
current settings to the new style language.dat.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.