[OS X TeX] Help: Geometrical diagrams

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Mar 19 03:14:56 CET 2002

> I am using TeXShop, which I have just discovered and think very good. I
> wish to write a geometry booklet and do not know the best approach for
> generating diagrams,  geometrical diagrams in particular. I would like
> to maintain the TeX fonts for the labels on the diagrams.

Xypic is an excellent package for this kind of thing, especially
if you need accurate layouts, with intersections calculated automatically.
Use the  \xygraph  extension, rather than \xymatrix .

If you want a point-and-click type package, relying on your eyes
to judge the location of lines and intersections,
then Adobe Illustrator is probably best.
You can then use Xy-pic and WaRMreader to put labels onto these
Illustrator images.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> Thank you,