[OS X TeX] How to Insert Graphics Using TeXShop?

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Mar 11 09:23:38 CET 2002

ZD> I have been able to successfully center the .eps files in my document, but
ZD> a couple more questions have arisen.  First, the figures in my document
ZD> don't seem to be integrated into the text of the document.  The figures
ZD> seem to be placed at the end of the document, which is undesired.
ZD> Secondly, with the \caption{} command I get a label Figure 1: plus whatever
ZD> I put within the braces {}.  My first question in regards to this would be
ZD> is there a way to decrease the vertical spacing between the actual figure
ZD> and the Figure caption itself?

Have you used \begin{center}\end{center} around the picture, but before the
\caption? If so, it generates additional vertical whitespace. The solution
then is to get rid of the center environment and replace it with \centering
at the beginning.

If not, you can adjust the length variable \belowcaptionskip
\setlength{\belowcaptionskip}{4pt} or something.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl

"help" (no quotes) in the body.