[OS X TeX] Re: could use some info

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Sat Mar 9 13:22:09 CET 2002

> I had some trouble installing OzTeX 5b7 for some professors... they had
> version 4 present as well.
> I thought everything was fine when apparently parts of the b7 install
> just disappeared or it started using parts of v4.  Causing my clients to
> ask for removal because they said it was "messing" up version 4.

I doubt whether parts of 5b7 disappeared.  I suspect what has happened
is that OzTeX 4 has called OzMF 5 to make missing PK fonts.
Note that the reverse cannot happen; ie. OzTeX 5 cannot accidentally
call OzMF 4 because I added some code to prevent it.

In general it is not a good idea to have 2 different OzTeX versions
installed on the one Mac.  My advice is to stick to OzTeX 4 until
the final release of OzTeX 5 is available (hopefully in a few weeks),
then switch to it and remove OzTeX 4.

Andrew

"help" (no quotes) in the body.