[OS X TeX] Equation Service

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Thu Mar 21 20:21:29 CET 2002

Excellent service ... and works very well (where it does).

May I request something that might help a lot of people ...

Imagine that this service could work from within your favorite LaTeX
editor. So, you might be working on a large document, and have this
complicated equation you are typesetting, and you want to see how it
looks. Right now you basically have to compile the whole file (there are
clumsy solutions to avoid that) - but with this service, you could
simply highlight the piece of text and then have it typeset.
Unfortunately, at the moment, the service doesn't work with TeXShop or
Pepper, the two editors I tried it with. Any chance it could?

- Hemant

On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 01:59 PM, Doug Rowland wrote:

> Dear readers of the MacOSX-TeX mailing list:
>
> I just wanted to let you know about a new OS X app I have written.  It's
> called "Equation Service" and it's a specialized front-end to pdflatex
> meant
> for typesetting equations and small amounts of text.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.