[OS X TeX] Two questions (documentation-related)

Michael Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Wed Mar 27 20:31:48 CET 2002

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 09:36  AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> So now, together with Gerben's kpsewhich, I've got a UNIX utility,
> locate, and two GUIs for it, Locator @ <http://www.sebastian-
> krauss.de/locator> and XLocate @
> <http://homepage.mac.com/~incomingsw/products/xlocate.html>. Tough
> choice! The GUI for the first seems somehow more user-friendly, but the
> second has got a HOBBES ICON. How could I resist?

	I have found Locator to be an excellent utility (I use it much more
often than Sherlock) that is updated regularly.  Very nice
(customizable) interface and features, such as case-insensitive
searches.  Have not used XLocate.  However, if it's Hobbes (as in Calvin
and Hobbes) icons you are after, try here:

<http://xicons.macnn.com/search.php?form_type=search&keywords=hobbes&author=

You could have your Hobbes and GUI, too!  (Sorry....)

Michael S. Hanson                    <http://mshanson.web.wesleyan.edu/>
Department of Economics                            mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Wesleyan University

"help" (no quotes) in the body.