[OS X TeX] Hyperref question: bookmark depth

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Jun 11 12:38:00 CEST 2002

Again, this is more-or-less off-topic, but since there seems to be PDF
gurus on the list...

I'm using hyperref for the first time, to prepare a document intended
for somebody I don't know; in particular, though the document is
requested in PDF form, I don't know whether it will be printed or
displayed on screen. For print I would like the table of contents to
remain of reasonable length (thus I set "tocdepth" to 2, in order to put
only sections and subsections in the table), but for display I would
prefer the bookmarks to include all sectioning levels (after opening) in
Acrobat Reader?

Then, is it possible to have different table of contents and bookmark
depths? Is there an "outdepth" equivalent to "tocdepth"? Or do I have to
edit the .toc and .out files manually? (There's also the quick-and-dirty
solution to compile first with "tocdepth" set to 3 and then with
"tocdepth" set to 2, since two passes seem to be necessary to update the
.out file and one for the .toc file.)

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.