[OS X TeX] ITeXMaC is great!

Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold laptop1 at paganlibrary.com
Mon Jun 24 00:26:22 CEST 2002

Until recently, I used TeXShop almost exclusively, with iTeXMaC as a
secondary. TeXShop was simply was more comfortable, for me, to work with.
I just finished dumping both.

I've written a bunch of AppleScripts to perform virtually all of the
functions in BBEdit either one does and am quite happy with that. Plus,
with ViaVoice I can not only dictate to BBEdit, which I could do with the
others as well, but I can voice-activate the AppleScripts.

The last script I'm working on is a suitable "compile". The rest of the
scripts insert complete templates into blank documents and TeX commands at
the insertion point so I don't either forget or mistype commands. If
you're interested, I'll make the scripts available.

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 02:32 , Dorra Francis wrote:

> I am very impressed by the work done to develop TeX applications.
> I think TeXshop is a very great program but nobody in this list speaks
> about
> ITeXMac.
> There have been new versions whith a lot of very importants stuffs.
> It is now easy to make your macros and key bindings.
> A lot of very interesting utilities in the source edition.
>
> You can get it at
> http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/monge/j.laurens/iTeXMac/index.html

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

------
Cogito Ergo Spud. - I think therefore I yam.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.