[OS X TeX] Hyphenation patterns in TeXShop

Pieter Kuiper Pieter.Kuiper at msi.vxu.se
Sat Jun 15 00:15:46 CEST 2002

Tomas Jonsson wrote:
>to rebuild format files in teTeX use "texconfig"

This gives an error: "No $TEXMFMAIN in texmf.cnf file."

I tried "setenv TEXMFCNF /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c".
When I then say "kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFMAIN' ", it returns
"//share/texmf".

And texconfig still does not work:
	Error: file texmf.cnf not found in ``//share/texmf/web2c''.

I threw out all of the fink tetex. I reinstalled Gerben Wierda's teTeX.
Why is adding a hyphenation pattern such a misery?

--
Pieter Kuiper       	http://www.masda.vxu.se/~pku/

"help" (no quotes) in the body.