[OS X TeX] Scripting

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Sat Jun 29 06:38:14 CEST 2002

Hi Folks

I want to write a script which will take a Word file and convert some of
the most common character formatting in that file and replace it with
latex commands. So, for example if a string of characters is italisized
in word the script will replace it with that string surrounded by
\textit{}. And so on for some other bits of formatting that will not
convert with find/replace in Word.

Does anyone have any suggestions, for a scripting novice, of which
scripting language would best accomplish this? Should I learn Perl,
Applescript or what?

Thanks in advance

Adrian Heathcote

"help" (no quotes) in the body.