[OS X TeX] includegraphics with TeXShop

Greg Hamilton greg_hamilton at mac.com
Mon Jun 17 04:00:14 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm new to Tex / LaTeX.
I'm using TeXShop in OSX 10.1.5 to document a project I'm working on.
I've been asked to include some partial screen shots in the document and I'm having some trouble with \includegraphics

1. Is \includegraphics what I should be using
2. What graphics file formats are supported ?
3. Is there a way to increase the number of formats available ?
4. Assuming that I'm limited to including PDF files, as seems to be the case, what tools exist to convert a tiff, jpg, etc. to PDF without getting a full page with the bitmap at the top or bottom and a lot of whitespace I don't want ?

Greg Hamilton

"help" (no quotes) in the body.