[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 7 vs Ghostscript 6.

Jeff Sherman fatllama at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 24 03:33:15 CEST 2002

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 05:00  PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List
wrote:
> I hope my question won't be off-topic. Can anyone explain to me the real
> difference between Ghostscript v7 and v6, besides the license issue? Any
> good reason to choose the former instead of the latter?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea.

I had difficulties including figures created with xfig in latex;
specifically, some text wouldn't show.  Simply replacing Ghostscript 7
with the earlier version (both installed via Fink) solved all the
problems.  Of course, since I don't know why 6 worked while 7 didn't,
there might be a workaround for using 7.

-js

"help" (no quotes) in the body.