[OS X TeX] New TeX Foundation release

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Jun 18 14:59:05 CEST 2002

Hello everybody,

back from my short break (and thanks for all the cards for Renee, she
was dumbstruck, I'll tell more about it later).

First order of business: a new TeX Foundation (texmf tree) release. Two
reasons: there was a typo (bug therefore) in the remove script of the
TeX Foundation i-Package (teTeX-texmf.ii) which probably never hurt
anyone as nobody ever removes the foundation. But in case you have at
one time, an unused copy of texmf.local is located in /Library/teTeX, it
can safely be removed unless you have at one time added something there
yourself. Secondly, as promised before my break, I have updated the
texmf tree to the latest (beta) release by Thomas Esser.

To upgrade, just open your existing *dedicated* i-Installer for TeX and
update TeX Foundation. The current release of i-Installer (the installer
engine) is 1.0f. If your dedicated i-Installer is older, please get a
new TeX-fat.dmg or TeX-thin.dmg.

For instructions to download a new set, go to http://www.rna.nl/tex.html
as usual.

As always: if you experience any problems, contact me directly and
include the output from the installer. I'll try to update the web page
with known problems and their causes soon.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.