[OS X TeX] MaxDviX 1.5

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 18 00:08:07 CEST 2002

Tom Kiffe wrote:

> MacDviX has been updated to version 1.5. Although most of the changes
> are internal, there are a couple of new features.
>
> The program is now a Mach-0 application and uses the same kpathsea library
> for file searching as all teTeX/TeXLive programs. It is not necessary to
> locate any texmf trees or to initialize any search paths. It has been
> tested with Gerben Wierda's TeX installation and Mac OS X 10.1.5. Since I
> do not have a fink installation of TeX I am not able to test MacDviX with
> it.

A quick test shows that it does work with a fink installed tetex. Except:

> The principal new feature visible to the user is a "View Page as Postscript"
> command. If a particular page in your document uses some Postscript code
> and you want to view the page as it would appear in a Postscript viewer, this
> command just converts the desired page to Postscript.

If I do this on a page with an eps figure, I only see an empty box with
a frame where the eps file should show up. The created temp.ps file is
correct, however. When I open it with MacGhostView, the page is shown
correctly, including the eps figure (which has no frame).

--
Martin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.