[OS X TeX] BBEdit LaTeX glossary; MacRoman vs. TeX

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Jun 26 15:07:16 CEST 2002

On 6/26/02 5:14 AM, "Gianluca Gorni" <gorni at dimi.uniud.it> wrote:

> My LaTeX Glossary for BBEdit is available from Gary Grey's site
> <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/tools.html>
> and from BareBones' site
> <http://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/bbedit-glossaries.html>
> I don't keep a copy on my own site.
>
> The glossary contains virtually all the commands found in Lamport's
> LaTeX book and in the LaTeX Companion, plus a number of packages.
> The BBEdit glossary mechanism of one-file-per-item contributes to
> make the glossary huge. I suggested to BareBones that they add support
> for a comment/help field in the items, plus a glossary search engine.
> They seemed to like the idea.
>
> It would also be nice if bbautocomplete
> (<http://www.c-command.com/bbautocomplete/>)
> could permanently cache a list of (LaTeX) commands for immediate use.
> I made that suggestion too.
>
> I have made a number of corrections to the glossary since I posted it.
> I got a bit discouraged when neither sites bothered to update the
> archive last time I submitted a new version. If I detect some interest
> now I will make a new distribution.

I apologize, the day job has kept me a little too busy the past few months.
Joe Slater has kindly offered to help me keep things up to date (and he is a
large number of good ideas too). You should start to see updates appear real
soon now.

Best regards,

-- Gary L. Gray

"help" (no quotes) in the body.