[OS X TeX] "installing fonts" again - programmers listening? :)

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Jul 3 17:01:40 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 03:07 , William Adams wrote:

> FWIW, there were .pkg files in NeXTstep for installing fonts using the
> native GUI tools, but Apple got GNU-phobic and switched to PAX from
> GNUTAR, so no one is willing to use their installe for fear of blowing
> away symlinked directories.

For this at least, a solution is available: http://www.rna.nl/ii.html ;-)

(I also think, though it would be complicated, that an Apple installer
pre-install script could check the pax contents against existing
symlinks and generate an error in case a symlink is encountered, at
least that would not destroy things. But I agree that using pax stinks
because of this reason, after all I created i-Installer just because of
that.)

"help" (no quotes) in the body.