[OS X TeX] Getting AlphaTk to Acrobat Reader

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jul 25 13:32:34 CEST 2002

I fixed my own problem with the following hack:

(1)  Create a file  ~/bin/pdfview

containing the lines

#!/bin/sh

open -a "/Applications/Acrobat Reader 5.0" $1

(2)  Set this file to be executable. Ie in terminal do

chmod ugo+x /bin/pdfview

(3) Put

setenv  PATH  "${PATH}:/Users/yourusername/bin"

in your .cshrc or by some other method add ~/bin to your path.

(4) Do the command rehash or I guess log in and out.

(5)  Now setup AlphaTk as per the instructions before or on the web
page to think that pdfview is its View PDF helper.

--------

Possibly you could get TeXShop and OzTeX to run this way as well.

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt