[OS X TeX] Re: alpha-tk problem

Alexander Mehlmann alex at eos.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 24 07:49:24 CEST 2002

Am Mittwoch den, 24. Juli 2002, um 02:00, schrieb TeX on Mac OS X
Mailing List:

> Subject: alpha-tk problem
> From: "Oliver Hardt" <hardt at u.arizona.edu>
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:51:57 -0700
>
> hi:  i installed alpha-tk and the first time i launched it every
> thing was fine.   i could open tex documents, edit them, safe them,
> just great.  i could not typeset them from alpha, because alpha
> couldn't find the engine, but i think that can be solved by editing
> some prefs file.  so i am not worried about that.
> 	what i am worried about is, that i cannot launch alpha again.
> if i now try to start it, the splash screen keeps up coming as if
> trapped in an infinite loop:  splash screen comes up, is there for a
> second or so, goes away, then comes up again, and so forth.  the only
> thing i could do was kill the process.
> 	so obviously i cannot use alpha any more.  what can i do to
> solve this strange problem?  thanks!  olli.

I had the same problem. The splash screen seems to be a flash screen;
however, I could quit
directly from the menu.

It is evidently a bug.

Best

Alex
------

------------------------------
http://www.eos.tuwien.ac.at/OR/Mehlmann/mehlmann.html
alex at eos.tuwien.ac.at

Institut für Oekonometrie, Operations Research und Systemtheorie (E119)
TU Wien
Argentinierstr. 8
A-1040 Wien
Telephonnummer: 	+43 1/58801 11924