[OS X TeX] ITeXMaC is great!

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 2 18:20:23 CEST 2002

I agree that ITeXMaC is lovely: I appreciate all the LaTeX help and the
flexibility of it.  The downsides I see to it are:
- The documentation is voluminous, but I can't find what I'm looking
for.  For example, when I type "{" it inserts "}" with a bullet after.
I think that means that there's something I can type to jump to the
bullet, but I can't figure it out and I can't find it in the docs.
- ITeXMaC is set up to use pdftex, which is fine most of the time, but
I've started using pstricks which don't seem to work in pdftex.  I'll
bet that there's a workaround for pdftex, and there's probably a way to
get ITeXMaC to use TeX and Ghostscript (since ITeXMaC is so flexible),
as TeXshop allows as an option -- but I don't know how and I don't want
to spend lots of time figuring it out.

Mark

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 05:32  PM, Dorra Francis wrote:

> I am very impressed by the work done to develop TeX applications.
> I think TeXshop is a very great program but nobody in this list speaks
> about
> ITeXMac.
> There have been new versions whith a lot of very importants stuffs.
> It is now easy to make your macros and key bindings.
> A lot of very interesting utilities in the source edition.
>
> You can get it at
> http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/monge/j.laurens/iTeXMac/index.html

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.