[OS X TeX] An EndNotes-importable Mac OS X Bib Tool

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 5 01:54:13 CEST 2002

On Tuesday, July 2, 2002, at 05:15  PM, Michael McCracken wrote:

> I've heard from a few users who used EndNote to export into bibtex and
> then switched to using just BibDesk, and I don't know of any major
> problems with that. (Does anyone want to enlighten me about what data
> you might lose in exporting into bibtex from EndNote?)

EndNote's export into BibTeX isn't the best -- it doesn't generate a
default term for a reference, for example, and it generates BibTeX
incompatible strings on occasion.  I have well over 1K references in my
EndNote database.  It would be a painful process to generate all of the
entries into valid BibTeX.  However, EndNote's Refer export is fine, and
BookEnds can import Refer databases.  It was an easy process to move
>from EndNote to BookEnds.

Mark

"help" (no quotes) in the body.