[OS X TeX] [ANN] LaTeX.Help

joseph.slater at wright.edu joseph.slater at wright.edu
Tue Jul 2 17:45:56 CEST 2002

Thanks,
I've downloaded/installed this, and I'm not sure if I'm accessing it right.

WHen I select teTeX help from inside iTeXMac I get a penel with two pull downs
and a button. Selecting either pull down does nothing. Selecting the button is
the only useful item, but only partially on my system since I have html
documents set to open in Pepper. Can the HTML help be set to open the
documents only in Apple help? Do the other menus do anything?

Opening iTeXMac help, I do end up in the Apple Help app, and can back up and
get to the tetex help, so it is there.

Thanks for putting this together. I hope you don't mind me adding your stuff
to Gary Gray's web site.

Oh, I also have been looking around your app trying to find the script that
calls MP. Do you do this someplace else? I thought maybe I'd contribute those
few lines, but I'm not much of a programmer. I'm good numerically, but OO
programming is not something I quite get. It's too far from the stuff I do
(which is as little programming as necessary).

Thanks again,
Joe

<MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu> =====
>Hi,
>
>I packaged the LaTeX2e-html doc available with our favorite teTeX
>distrib into an Apple Help Book.
>That way, these files are available from the Help Viewer, moreover, you
>can use the search engine.
>
>There is room for improvements, but it is already valuable, especially
>for LaTeX beginners.
>
>It is available at
>
><http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/monge/j.laurens/iTeXMac/LaTeX.Help.dmg.bin>
>
>Please, tell me if you have problems to download, install or use this
>help book.

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.

Joseph C. Slater, PhD, PE, Associate Professor
Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engg, Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
Phone: (+1) 937-775-5085, Fax: (+1) 937-775-5009
http://www.engineering.wright.edu/~jslater

"help" (no quotes) in the body.