[OS X TeX] Graphics paths in dvips in TeXShop

David Oliver daoliver at swva.net
Mon Jul 22 11:07:11 CEST 2002

I am running TexShop in OS X:

TeX+Ghoscript mode with illustrations as eps set with BoxedEPSF

teTek executes its portion of the typesetting mode without error correctly
finding the illustrations in the path specified in the SetEPSFDirectory
command in BoxedEPSF

After teTex is finished, dvips runs and I get the following Unknown keyword
error message:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/dvips: Unknown keyword
(/Users/dao/Documents/DAO/StarryNight/StarryNight.I/Illustrations.screen/7-M
inkowskiPlane.eps) in \special will be ignored

(as a secondary issue, the \scaled macro in Boxed EPSF seems to be equally
unrecognizable by dvips.)

Can someone explain why dvips doesn't recognize the path info, or better
yet, tell a Unix non-expert how to respond to this error message and get the
graphics files recognized by dvips?

Thanks,

David Oliver

"help" (no quotes) in the body.