[OS X TeX] Path Configurations from OS X

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Thu Jul 25 12:59:25 CEST 2002

The answer to this question can be found in the (Mac OS X TeX) Know How
section of my web page: http://www.rna.nl/tex.html

generally, if you use my TeX distribution, you will not need to fiddle
with texmf.cnf (which is also risky if you do not fully understand the
'how tex finds files' issue).

On Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at 06:35 , David Oliver wrote:

> It is difficult to see, on first look, the benefits of investing the
> fairly
> high time  costs of comprehending the complex way TeX finds files. If
> there
> is no way to tell teTeX via TeXShop where graphics and the various
> source,
> log, and typeset files are located and to be stored save through a
> shell in
> OS X to access the usr/local/teTeX/tecmf.cnf file, so be it and I will
> attempt to become proficient in doing so. But at the present moment,
> under
> other demands, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could offer a
> simple
> prescription by which I can tell teTeX where these component files are
> stored (perhaps even without the use of terminal) so that I might
> proceed
> past the all too-familiar error message "I cant find..."
>
> Thank you,
>
> David Oliver

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.