[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 7.05

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Jul 2 11:29:25 CEST 2002

Here's a different kind of Ghostscript problem.

GraphicConverter V4.0 (Carbon v4.1) claims to be able to
handle .eps graphics. However, to do this it needs to be told
where to find `Ghostscript'.
(drag a .eps file to GraphicConverter in the dock,
 or go to the Preferences for EPSF)

Unfortunately, specifying a  gs  executable does not work.
So presumably it needs an Application bundle, or whatever.

So where does one find such a bundle form of Ghostscript?
Or, how do you make one from a Unix executable, if that's
a sensible question?

Now the real reason for wanting this is to add preview resources
to .eps files, for use with Classic applications.
Previously we used to do this using ResEdit or Resourcerer,
and set the resource ID appropriately.
Surely with the new tools there is a better way; but what is it ?

Cheers,

	Ross

> On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 04:31 , Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
> > Will we still have access to GS 7.01 or whatever the previous GS 7
> > release
> > was? That one has been working well for us and the last time you
> > released a
> > newer GS release, it broke nearly everything. :-) Was that release
> > 7.04? If
> > I install 7.05, can I go back to the GS 7 release that I am using now?
>
> Only if I release 7.00 again. So if you install 7.05 and it does not
> work, you can install 6.01 temporarily until it is decided that 7.05
> also does not work.
>
> Another option is to send me something that did not work with 7.04 and
> let me test it here.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.