[OS X TeX] Using C-c C-c in mac-emacs

Frank Ernst fxe5 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jul 10 18:13:44 CEST 2002

Enrico wrote:

> You have a problem with the path variable in emacs.
> In few cases the only thing that worked was to add the binary
> paths in /usr/share/init/tcsh/rc .
> So, assuming you are using Wierda's tetex, add to the rc file the line:
>
> set path = ( ${path} /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current )
>
> and tell me if it works then.

I have encountered the same problem as Jonathan, and editing rc in the way
described above does not work for me (including after reboot). I would be
happy about further suggestions.

Is it actually necessary to add

(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp" load-path))
(require 'tex-site)

to .emacs and

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/

to tex-site.el? If so, it might be good to include this in the ReadMe files.

Frank Ernst

"help" (no quotes) in the body.