[Mac OS X TeX] Selection of matching parentheses

Maarten Sneep sneep at nat.vu.nl
Tue Jan 15 15:05:25 CET 2002

On 15-Jan-02 Bruno Voisin wrote:
# > do not click twice on a parenthesis
# > disable this feature in the prefs.
#
#  Thanks, but that's not what I meant, I wasn't speaking of clicking
#  (either once or twice).
#
#  What I meant is that when you select (with the mouse) one parenthesis
#  (same is true for curly brace) the selection is automatically extended
#  to the matching parenthesis, so that your selection becomes the two
#  parentheses and the text in between, regardless of what you were
#  actually looking for.

I think this is a feature of the cocoa text handling functions. I think I saw
this in other programs as well. I connot check it right now, so if someone can
confirm this (try project builder, I think it was that one)

#  I tried to disable "Balance parentheses" in the Prefs, this doesn't help.
#
#  Bruno Voisin

Maarten Sneep

Did anybody dance?