[Mac OS X TeX] PDF conversion (encore)

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Thu Jan 31 16:43:55 CET 2002

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 01:12 , Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> I was just going to ask the same question. I think the builtin script to
> convert dvi to pdf in TeXshop (it uses altpdflatex as far as I can see
> should at least (have the option to) use dvips -Ppdf. But even better it
> would call dvipdfm. I can't find an option to change that, unless you
> choose your own scripts, but I want pdflatex for tex->dpf. (I guess I
> could
> edit a copy of altpdflatex for that).

I have been investigating dvipdfm, but that had other problems (probably
settings which I haven;t found out yet how to set properly).

The altpdftex script is pretty versatile. The TeXShop interface to it is
limited, it uses defaut settings.

dvips -Ppdf does not necessarily give you the best results, though. It
changes some of the rule behaviour but does not necessarily include all
the pfb fonts available, unless you create your own copy of
.../dvips/config/config.pdf

There will be two new TeX releases from me soon. Fixing a few omissions
in the current TeXLive-teTeX as well as a brand new teTeX-beta.

Both teTeX and TeX Live are a bit in flux now, I hope to have a good
release again soon.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.