[Mac OS X TeX] TeXPalette

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 17 18:51:13 CET 2002

At 11:13 PM +1030 1/12/02, Michael Murray wrote:
>Hi
>
>People might like to check out TeXPalette -- its on
>www.versiontracker.com -- its provides
>a floating palette with buttons for TeX, BibTeX etc. It assumes you
>have a unix TeX install
>on your mac. It doesn't handle errors and opening your editor
>automatically unless I am
>missing something.  I think this limits its usefulness for me.
>
>Its $7 shareware.

It's web page is <http://homepage.mac.com/johnj1/software/texpalette.html>.

I think this is an interesting, minimalist approach.  I'm a little
concerned about it being made with REALbasic, but I like the concept:
reduce all of the TeX commands to a little palette, let the text
editor handle text, and let the PDF viewer handling viewing.  On the
other hand, TeXShop is a good, free, (La)TeX editor for me and it
does this stuff already, so I'm sticking with TeXShop

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.