[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop crashing OS X

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Jan 4 23:53:05 CET 2002

>The following has happened twice to me in one day:
>
>Fresh install of OS X 10.1.2 and fresh install of the latest version of
>TeXShop on a Cube with .75 gig of RAM.  No other apps running but Classic
>(9.2.2) is active.  Launch TexShop, compile a LaTeX file, and a pdf window
>of that file is produced.  Nice.  Click on the source window to bring to the
>front; window moves to the front, disappears momentarily, reappears and
>brings the whole OS to a grinding halt: mouse frozen, even force-quit wont
>work.  A complete re-boot is required.  Local gremlins (seems unlikely, give
>the clean install), or something wonky with TexShop?
>--
>...when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the
>truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible
>for one side to be simply wrong.  -- Richard Dawkins
>
>John R. Vokey, Ph.D.
>Professor
>Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
>University of Lethbridge

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.

Hi John

Is there anything in the Console ?  This is in Applications > Utilities ?

You might  need to turn on crash logging in Preferences > Crashes.  You may
need to then bring on another crash and, if you are lucky, you will
get a crash log saved in ~/Library/Logs.

Good luck - Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt