[Mac OS X TeX] New teTeX.dmg release

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Jan 23 08:26:12 CET 2002

A new teTeX.dmg has been released at
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-gs/teTeX.dmg.

If you are already running the previously released
teTeX-20011202-beta.dmg there is no need to upgrade as I have moved for
my main release to the contents of the beta. For people already running
the beta it suffices to replace the altpdftex script with a new version.
This can be done by downloading it from
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/altpdftex and in a Terminal
window --- from the directory where it is located --- give the commands:

	sudo cp altpdftex /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
current/altpdftex
	sudo chmod 775 /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
current/altpdftex

It is of course possible that there are still unresolved issues in the
teTeX texmf-beta that is part of the distribution. But after a month or
so out there, there is a not a big chance that this is so.

The altpdftex upgrade enables front ends to kill it better (e.g. if
something goes wrong with TeX and you restart the typesetting process)
and such that temporary files are removed. If you ever need to inspect
those temporary files you can run it by hand from a Terminal window with
the --debug option. The temporary directory in /tmp will not be removed.

Apart from the altpdftex upgrade and the removal of the beta status (by
me, it has still beta status from Thomas Esser but he is waiting for a
tex program update, not any changes in the texmf tree) the installer
program has been updated. It now has two more buttons (this is fast
becoming a bloated app and far from the 'single button app' I envisaged
a while ago) for removing GhostScript and teTeX from their default unix
locations (which are the locations where I put them). You need to
download the entire new dmg to get this functionality. I might release a
separate removal script on my ftp site later.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.