[Mac OS X TeX] alpha X piccies

Jon Guyer jguyer at his.com
Tue Jan 29 15:53:24 CET 2002

At 11:12 PM +1030 1/29/02, Michael Murray wrote:
>At the risk of getting people overexcited there are
>some pictures of AlphaX at

As you can see from the location of the apple-not-a-menu, those snaps
are quite old.

>I really think that the  Dock needs to be over on the
>RHS -- it will cover the disk icons but they shouldn't be on the
>desktop anyway ;-)

Bite your tongue, boy! 8^)

We're painfully aware of the conflict between the <ack-pfffftht!>
Dock and Alpha's status bar. Dock-right-pin-start, with icons set
near minimum doesn't obscure the God-given desktop icons or conflict
with Alpha's status bar. [pin start isn't critical; it just keeps the
dock icons from swooping around so much in that nauseating fashion
that Stevie-boy evidently has fond memories of from his LSD days.]

We're well aware that reconfiguring the Dock like this won't be
acceptable to everybody; AlphaX already makes some limited attempts
to accomodate the Dock and we'll have a better solution by release
(actually, I hope to have a better solution by the end of the week).
We'll leave forcing dubious user interface elements down people's
throats to the folks in Cupertino.

--

   Jonathan E. Guyer
   <http://www.his.com/jguyer/>