[Mac OS X TeX] can i make references invisible?

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sun Jan 20 13:46:13 CET 2002

If you'r enot afraid of the commandline, texexec can make extractions on
PDF documents.

[dumbledore:~] gerben% texexec --help pdfselect

  TeXExec 2.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001

            --pdfselect   select pdf pages
            --selection   pages to select
                            =odd   : odd pages
                            =even  : even pages
                            =x,y:z : pages x and y to z
          --paperoffset   room left at paper border
          --paperformat   paper format
            --backspace   inner margin of the page
             --topspace   top/bottom margin of the page
             --markings   add cutmarks
           --background     =background graphic
             --addempty   add empty page after
            --textwidth   width of the original (one sided) text

texexec can do a lot more with PDf arrangements, but it is poorly
documented.

On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 02:35 , tom keyes wrote:

> NSF wants the body of a proposal in one pdf file, references in another.
> With TeX I only know how to make a single file containing both. From
> asking
> around I understand some people do this by editing the dvi file. Is that
> what you have to do? Seems it would be nice if there was a way to
> declare
> part of a document 'invisible', ie, 'don't put the references in the
> pdf'.
> TIA for any hints....Tom

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.